In addition to its attractive surroundings, this pleasant town has a wide range of facilities and offers good restaurants and bars in its bustling center.
Every year, one of the oldest and most famous baroque music festivals takes place in Sablé.
Moreover, it is known for its good sports infrastructure which includes a world-class, reputed golf course, a center for archery and many boating and fishing facilities thanks to the delightful Sarthe river.
Local produce markets are held every Monday, Friday and Saturday.
Nearest ferry port:
- Saint-Malo: 192 km - 119 miles - 2h08
- Caen: 221 km - 137 miles – 2h09
- Angers: 41 km - 25 miles - 34 minutes
- Tours: 98 km - 60 miles - 1h30
- Nantes: 161 km - 100 miles - 1h36